Top 10 Indian web series of 2020
Top 10 Indian web series of 2020
This year has little bit change the game for OTT platforms in a massive way. Also if we think closely,drama-crime was the season’s flavour, but this time around, we also saw the lots of different genres being explored in the OTT space, giving the public a dynamic range of shows to binge-watch.
Today let’s take a look on one of the most popular and unique Indian web series of 2020;
- Scam 1992 (Sony LIV):-
This Hansal Mehta’s series raised the bar for Indian Bollywood web content in 2020, and the impact of this series Pratik Gandhi-led series will confirm they go a very long way. In the space where gore sells like hotcakes and violence, Mehta’s show shows that unique content does not need to be dumbed to reach the masses in industry. With just a few episodes, Scam 1992, based on Harshad Mehta’s bank securities scam, draws you totally into the world of trading and share market. Everything from its music and theme to its simplifications of technical and non-technical jargon, even its likes and choice of filter, worked in the show’s favour. The casting of this series has been praised in the last couple of months and deservedly so.
2.Aarya (Disney + Hotstar) :-
This Sushmuta Sen-lead web series did not waste much time in building up to the premise. Soon After the 1st episode began, it was so obvious that Aarya would be a binge-worthy rise and it shoes to be so with all episode that rolled out after. The layered actor’s and characterisation, Sushmita Sen’s on T.V and screen presence and the great and smart use of old films (Hindi) music also helped Aarya’s cause.
- Special Ops(Disney+Hotstar):-
Neeraj Pandey created the series “Special Ops” beginning reasonably and primarily stuck in the word’s (Promise’s). Kay Kay Menon fit correct into Himmat’s part and was more smoothly the show-stealer here. The only con here, in my personal opinion, was the truth and fact that the stakes were never just hight and some enough for us to be concerned about the simple and useful peoples in the finale.
- Paatal Lok (Amazon Prime Video):-
This Jaideep Ahlawat-led series is also one another crime drama on our list, but Paatal Lok wants, they deserve a spot here. The Indian Express films critic Shubhra Gupta wrote in her comment, “Paatal Lok is amazed and fashioned as a crime thriller-cum-police set mainly in Haryana and Delhi. It is spinning off into some several threads, some really strong, a few comparatively so weak, but the managing to keep its hold on us. Weaving in recognition and awareness of contemporary Indian Makes it little political and elevates its performances. Palatal Lok is so smartly written, engaging and fast-paced and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Bandish Bandits (Amazon Prime Video):- In the era of this time and crime-drama web series, Bandish Bandits took the peoples(audience) by complete surprise. It only took some episodes to get enthralled by the world of classical music that this series created. While the drama and music were a significant pillar of this series or show, Bandish Bandits stood very strong on its story’s shoulders. Sheeba Chadha, Rajesh Tailang, Naseeruddin Shah and Atul Kulkarni were treated to watch in this Anand Tiwari series and Amritpal Singh Bindra series. Unique props to Shankar Ehsaan Loys music as well.
6.A Simple Murder (SonyLIV):- This is amazing, or deliciously comedy came as a breath of fresh air. Starring Mohd Zeeshan Ayyub, Amit Sial, Sushant Singh, this series took an absurdist approach to its sometimes serious content. For the lowest part, A simple Murder was so well extraordinary and done that you couldn’t help but marvel at its performances and writing.
- Flesh(Eros Now):- Another fantastic and crime drama series, this one was quite traditional in its approach towards evil vs good where, for a little change, the protagonist was good cop solving and fighting hard against crime, Led by an impressive swara bhasker, Flesh was quite gory and graphic in its representation of human trade, but with its use of repulsive visuals, the show drove the point house.
- Panchayat (Amazon Prime Video):- This Tvf web series starring Jeetendra Kumar had a straightforward premise. As we have often seen in the whole world of web content, it usually is simplicity completes the day. The uncomplicated series nature introduced to actors and characters who were too loveable. The panchayat’s significant part was its perfect and healthy casting supported by Raghubir Yadav, Chandan Roy, Neena Gupta. The show released during the pandemic and its content lives the peoples feeling a little fuzzy and warm.
- The Gone Game(Voot):- The one of the most memorable and gone game was shoot during the lockdown and was a different effort by the actors and creators. The show’s usage of fantastic technology. In terms of Zoom calls, messages and text were exemplary and in my situation, useful than many series that are made with all the sources at hand. At the same time, Gone Game wasn’t extraordinary in the caste and story department. It is more than made up for it by effectively translating to the screen the paranoia consumed during the lockdown-induced coronavirus.
- Asur(Voot):- Asur, which combined the many genres of mythological thriller and fiction, revelled in its larger-than-life planning and theories, but its grandness wasn’t communicated so well enough. This web series “Asur” faltered when it came to tying up loose ends by the end of the season.
Author : Pawan Bugaliya
Marble and Granite Related QueryClick here to Open Similar Post
Leave a comment